PDA

View Full Version : ROBERTSHAW THERMOSTATS

moedog
02-08-2004, 18:43
AUTOZONE QUIT CARRYING ROBERTSHAW THERMOSTATS, WHERE ELSE CAN I GET THEM????

TurboDiverArt
02-08-2004, 18:59
Originally posted by moedog:
AUTOZONE QUIT CARRYING ROBERTSHAW THERMOSTATS, WHERE ELSE CAN I GET THEM???? That's what Kennedy sells. I just put in 2 new ones from him. Make sure you order/get the gaskets/o-rings too.

Art.

marktara
02-16-2004, 15:22
Do RS stats really make that much difference in cooling and flow? I had bought a set of 180 from Napa and was just wondering if it is worth trying to find some RS stats to improve cooling? Also how good do the stock ones flow,they look quite restrictive?

moedog
02-16-2004, 15:41
ACCORDING TO THE PAGE TESTS, THE RS THERMOS PASS MORE WATER THAN ALL OTHERS, SO THAT BEING TRUE, WHY NOT! AUTOZONE QUIT CARRYING THEM, SO IF YOU FIND AN INTERNET SOURCE OR AUTOPARTS CHAIN LET ME KNOW
DAN

Wheat Whacker
02-16-2004, 15:58
When the dealership replaced my head gaskets they replaced the 2 Robert Shaw thermostats with oem's(even though I specifically told them not too) and now my pickup runs warmer. Which is fine now when it is cold but we will see when it warms up as I may go back to Robert Shaw's.

TurboDiverArt
02-16-2004, 16:48
Originally posted by moedog:
ACCORDING TO THE PAGE TESTS, THE RS THERMOS PASS MORE WATER THAN ALL OTHERS, SO THAT BEING TRUE, WHY NOT! AUTOZONE QUIT CARRYING THEM, SO IF YOU FIND AN INTERNET SOURCE OR AUTOPARTS CHAIN LET ME KNOW
DAN I'll say it again. Contact John Kennedy at Kennedy Diesel. He's got them and he's a Diesel Page vendor. Support your vendors!!!

Spindrift
02-16-2004, 16:57
What is the difference in flow rate between a RS stat and an OEM stat?

john8662
02-16-2004, 20:12
The flow difference between a RS and an OEM stat are the same, they are both really identical looking. The difference in the RS stat is that you can get them in 180 degree versions, rather than the stock (although hight flow as well) 195 degree version. You cannot get an AC 180 degree stat for a 6.5l.