PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Suburban, which exhaust and chip is best to buy?

Petrella
05-26-2004, 19:29
Hey everyone, i just bought myself a suburban in immaculate condition, 94 with only 91 000km. i own a 94 p/u with the banks, it works awesome but it is hard to get in canada. based on everyones experience what is the best exhaust to buy for my truck? money not being an issue. Also, who sells the best chip for my sub as well? any info is greatly appreciated

Anthony
--------------------------------------
1994 K2500 Suburban
6.5 Turbo Diesel
Pyro,Tranny,Oil,Diff temp Gauges, Boost Gauge
FSD Cooler from my GM dealer
Boost Controller
Crystal Projection headlights, Turn signals and reflectors.
Euro Tail Lights
305/70R/16 BF Goodrich All Terrains
American Eagle 16x10 chrome wheels, style 145
Alpine Stereo, Alarm, and Navigation System

[ 05-31-2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Petrella ]

cudaaa
05-30-2004, 09:12
Hi I have the kennedy exh. It has a great sound to it. I think kennedy or heath makes fine products. I just put on the 2.0 heath chip,turbomaster, pmd kit and love the power and drivability! I have not towed yet but can't wait!
I think my next mod will be water-injection its sould be worth 35-40 hp. Bill heath is great person to talk to and a strait shooter. Hope this helps. Cudaaa

eracers999
05-30-2004, 15:26
I just went from a muffler to a straight pipe, cant beleive how quiet it is. Never thought i would hear myself say this but i wouldent have it any other way. It just sounds "heavy" not loud.
I purchased the Kennedy chip and really cant find anything but good to say about it. The chip covers all the issues and it pulls great. Not one check engine light from install date.

Kent

Petrella
05-30-2004, 18:44
would a straight pipe cause any issues with less power due to lack of back pressure, or would it actually wake the truck up?

eracers999
05-31-2004, 03:48
I assume your sub is turbo 'ed, the turbo really knocks the sound out of it. As far as back pressure, any back pressure in a turbo eng is a negative.
Kent