PDA

View Full Version : Injector pop tester for my 6.2l diesel

mshawnm109r
07-19-2021, 17:36
What is the best injector pop tester for cheap. That comes with the adapters to my injectors. My truck is a 1984 GMC Jimmy with a 6.2l. I’ve purchased nozzles from Accurate Diesel, what a great guy. I highly recommend him for parts. I would like to keep and pop tester around so any suggestions would help. Thank you guys in advance for the help.

DmaxMaverick
07-19-2021, 22:42
You can build your own, or search ebay. There are a few that aren't to costly. It isn't complicated, unless you insist. A sacrificial bottle jack is a good place to start, if you DIY.

alanjd93
08-15-2021, 09:26
I ended up buying one off of eBay. One of the bigger sellers on there is "indianmachinetools". They have a few different options for varying prices. I think the one I bought was just over $100 shipped. It came with the correct M14x1.5 adapter line as well as M12x1.5. The gauge goes up to 6,000 PSI. I haven't used it yet, but seems like a decent piece. I think most of them are Bosch clones. Might be able to get your hands on a used Bosch unit as well, but you'll pay a lot more. I've also seen quite a few made from bottle jacks as Dmax said.