PDA

View Full Version : 95 6.5 Stepvan

G B Sisson
05-24-2004, 21:39
I run an 86 chev stepvan in my cabinet business for deliveries and general hauling.Stopped in a car lot when I was off the Island last weekend to get a look at a clean stepvan with duals .Turns out it was used at Sea-tac airport.It has 13,000 orig miles(obviously not hiway).The 6.5 is naturally aspirated and since there is a throttle cable which I observed,Iassume it is mechanically injected...no FSD.Asking 12,000.00 .......or do I just get an Isuzu box truck.......comments? GB

tanker
05-25-2004, 01:26
A friend of mine was a "Snap-On" tool-man, he also had a big van for selling his wares, and it was a 6.5NA which did well for several years until he got out of that business. Its still around as a tool truck. He said that "Snap-On" did a lease purchase when he started the business. I think they called it a "Fuel Miser". I think it was rated for around 150hp, not sure what the torque was. He said he never had a problem with it. It was about a 95, but not sure exactly.
I would think if its mechanical injected, and no turbo, its reliability should be great. Low miles sounds good too. Wish you well in your choice. ;)

C.K. Piquup
05-26-2004, 03:19
Sounds like a good find.Why are they selling it?Try to get some service history.My`91 Sub was Municipal-owned,well maintained.They either got rid of it because of trans problems(was rebuilt by dealer)or just age.What are your needs?High-mile or occasional/local?Try to get the dealer down on that price:age(10yrs old)and try the"not sure about that GM diesel/they`ve had alot of problems with those"angle.I`m sure it`s marked-up,probably bought it at auction for 1/2 that.