PDA

View Full Version : Helpppp!!!

Jasonooooo
11-18-2020, 23:19
So I have a question that I can’t find the answer to anywhere!! So over thanksgiving Break I am going to delete my truck 2019 Chevy 2500 L5P I have all the parts to do it so I’m good there, but do I have to No if, Ands, or buts about it - get a new ECM before I drive the truck or can I delete it continue to have the same ECM and then purchase a new ECM a little bit later..

JohnC
11-19-2020, 08:13
over thanksgiving Break I am going to delete my truck

I think you need to clarify your question...

DmaxMaverick
11-19-2020, 08:24
The stock PCM will almost immediately start a progressive countdown of reduced power and speed, all the way to quit. This is an EPA mandate, and has nothing to do with functionality, but quit is quit. Oh, and it isn't lawful. However, this should not be a problem if you do, in fact, "delete" the truck.

Jasonooooo
11-19-2020, 12:28
The stock PCM will almost immediately start a progressive countdown of reduced power and speed, all the way to quit. This is an EPA mandate, and has nothing to do with functionality, but quit is quit. Oh, and it isn't lawful. However, this should not be a problem if you do, in fact, "delete" the truck.

ya I’m not asking for permission I’m a grown man I’ll do what I want with my personal property if that’s what you were intending but just didn’t no if the truck would or wouldn’t start or drive if I didn’t quite have the tuned ecm

richp
11-19-2020, 13:20
Hey Jason, as a new guy here, maybe you don't yet know that a highly experienced, unselfishly helpful guy just responded to you.

No need to get heated up -- he was just trying to provide the information you asked for.

DmaxMaverick
11-19-2020, 13:47
ya I’m not asking for permission I’m a grown man I’ll do what I want with my personal property if that’s what you were intending but just didn’t no if the truck would or wouldn’t start or drive if I didn’t quite have the tuned ecm

Asked and answered, no implications made. The balance of the reply was to make it clear, The Diesel Page doesn't support unlawful activity (which may be unlawful, in itself), and will advise such if we see that possibility here. What you do with your property is your business. Protecting The Diesel Page from possible legal jeopardy is my business.

Jasonooooo
11-19-2020, 14:27
Asked and answered, no implications made. The balance of the reply was to make it clear, The Diesel Page doesn't support unlawful activity (which may be unlawful, in itself), and will advise such if we see that possibility here. What you do with your property is your business. Protecting The Diesel Page from possible legal jeopardy is my business.

Sorry just frustrated and honestly I was at work an completely was it the wrong way I apologize sincerely I’m not a jackass just first time on the forum thing

DmaxMaverick
11-19-2020, 19:07
No worries. Welcome aboard!

Kennedy
11-20-2020, 14:10
So I have a question that I can’t find the answer to anywhere!! So over thanksgiving Break I am going to delete my truck 2019 Chevy 2500 L5P I have all the parts to do it so I’m good there, but do I have to No if, Ands, or buts about it - get a new ECM before I drive the truck or can I delete it continue to have the same ECM and then purchase a new ECM a little bit later..

I would not recommend it. Tuning the L5P is a VERY invasive procedure that involves molesting the crap out of the ECM costing about $5k. It then uses second rate software and tunes are written by 3rd rate "tuners"