PDA

View Full Version : Better valve springs

High Toned SOB
06-24-2020, 04:57
Hi guys, Does anyone know offhand if there are any drop in replacements for valvesprings? As of right now im just looking for something that will not float at higher rpm or boost. Or does anyone know where ours will start to float?
Thanks!

DmaxMaverick
06-24-2020, 06:58
You already have dual springs. The engine is zero-clearance. Aftermarket valve springs are no better, and sometimes fall short, compared to OEM springs. Floating valves are the least of your worries, if you're running it at a speed that it may worry you.

High Toned SOB
06-24-2020, 07:44
Ha, yes running at a higher speed. Trying to get with R&D to see about a 150 or 180 pump. Currently has a maxed 4911.
Fully balanced, main studs and girdle, arp’s, 18:1, blah blah.
However, stock valvetrain, circa 1982 redblock.
Hopefully now going in a 67 stepside shortbed with a 4 speed.

DmaxMaverick
06-24-2020, 07:59
Some members across the pond in the cold north had one running in a pulling tractor a few years ago. Dual IP's, multiple turbos, lots of extras, well past 5K. We had some vids and pics of it here, somewhere. I don't know how long it held together before they went on to the Duramax platform. Long winters with too little to do. I don't recall any mention of valve springs.

High Toned SOB
06-24-2020, 08:02
Yes I remember that red tractor. Not too many videos of it......lol....
They went with a inline p pump on the duramax didnt they? Very cool ingenuity with that crowd.

I only have a single turbo, but have a plan for my m112 on a open plane 6.5 intake.

DmaxMaverick
06-24-2020, 08:06
I don't remember much. I'll have to dig it up. I have hard copies of a lot of the vids and pics I can upload. Now, just to find them.

High Toned SOB
06-24-2020, 08:08
I tried to upload a video but it keeps saying “this video cannot be uploaded because a security token was missing”

How do i get around that?

DmaxMaverick
06-24-2020, 09:45
Videos need to be hosted on another site then linked in the post. If you have a Youtube account, it's easy. If you don't have a Youtube account, it's free, and easy.

sctrailrider
06-24-2020, 12:39
I partnered with Pac racing springs and developed a custom set that are drop in. They are a much better dual spring than the weak stock set. Pm for more info of needed.