PDA

View Full Version : Edge CTS questions

lmholmes11
04-23-2020, 05:24
Playing around with my new edge monitor. Pretty cool but I noticed a few wierd things. This is a new to me truck.

1. The monitor and the actual OEM truck average mpg numbers are different, shouldn't they read the same?

2. The Dpf soot level is still at 0 after I have put about 200 miles on the truck since I got it, and the Distance Since last Regen says 1500 mi, and doesn't go up as I drive it.

Kennedy
04-23-2020, 13:00
Best I can say is what you are reporting does not sound right. I would update the Insight software.

cabletech
04-23-2020, 13:32
Do you have a CTS or CTS2? The CTS didn't work on the LML and newer but the CTS2 does.

Jay

lmholmes11
04-25-2020, 07:08
It's a CTS 2.

Hmm okay I'll try to update it and see if that works, I updated it when i got it/first installed but I'll try it again. Thanks guys!

lmholmes11
05-01-2020, 10:29
I updated it to the latest software last night but it's still showing the DPF soot at 0 and the distance since last Regen is the same. Wierd

Kennedy
05-01-2020, 11:24
Are you sure it is a LML and not the LGH duramax? I've seen issues with this before with the vans. Some trucks had the LGH as well, but I thought most were work trucks.

lmholmes11
05-01-2020, 12:19
Are you sure it is a LML and not the LGH duramax? I've seen issues with this before with the vans. Some trucks had the LGH as well, but I thought most were work trucks.

I just assumed it is an LML because of the year. Can I tell by the VIN?

lmholmes11
05-01-2020, 19:18
And it does have the external Allison filter so it has to be LML?

Kennedy
05-04-2020, 11:32
8th digit of VIN will be either L or 8 and yes they put the LGH in front of the Allison in the pickups.

lmholmes11
05-04-2020, 12:29
8th digit of VIN will be either L or 8 and yes they put the LGH in front of the Allison in the pickups.

It's deffinately an LGH. To be honest I'm kind of upset that I didn't catch this before I bought it ... Not the truck I thought it was. I had no idea an LGH even existed

Kennedy
05-05-2020, 07:53
L = LGH

8 = LML

What gets me is this is the exact same engine control system and same general hardware yet Edge somehow can't cipher and read the same damn data that the LML provides. I've asked before for a LGH van owner and no dice. I haven't done a whole lot of Edge stuff over the past decade and a half, but the Insight has the potential to be a neat little tool. Too bad it doesn't live up to its potential. I can't take my demo unit off and put on a different truck without completely rebuilding the screen group...

lmholmes11
05-05-2020, 12:19
L = LGH

8 = LML

What gets me is this is the exact same engine control system and same general hardware yet Edge somehow can't cipher and read the same damn data that the LML provides. I've asked before for a LGH van owner and no dice. I haven't done a whole lot of Edge stuff over the past decade and a half, but the Insight has the potential to be a neat little tool. Too bad it doesn't live up to its potential. I can't take my demo unit off and put on a different truck without completely rebuilding the screen group...

Oh okay so I have an LML. Very wierd why it won't read it on mine, I might try to get in touch with customer service and see if they can help. As soon as my Ally aftermarket warranty is up I will be getting in touch with you for a light tune, delete and exhaust parts. You tuned my LBZ ecm quite a few years ago and it was awesome

Kennedy
05-07-2020, 07:06
PM sent