PDA

View Full Version : Wiring harness

83ChevyK10
09-29-2019, 07:24
New to board guys, bare with me. I just bought a 1983 Chevy K10 Blazer with a 6.2 DD. The Blazer came with a hacked up engine wiring harness. I’ve looked and couldn’t find a replacement. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? A website that sells reproductions or a salvage yard that specializes in 6.2! I’m excited about my new project and want to get it running ASAP. Thanks in advance.

DmaxMaverick
09-29-2019, 08:37
Welcome aboard!

Not much in the way of options. Old harnesses are difficult to transplant, simply due to age degradation, but you could get lucky. Otherwise, contact www.painlessperformance.com (https://www.painlessperformance.com) . You'll likely have to modify a gasser harness, or pony up for custom. Good luck, and please let us know how you work this out.

83ChevyK10
09-29-2019, 11:00
Thanks for the quick reply. You mentioned a “custom” harness? Any company in particular?

Again thanks.

DmaxMaverick
09-29-2019, 11:59
Painless, the same company linked above. Their harnesses aren't cheap, but worth every penny. I suggest contacting them and ask for options. You or they may be able to modify an available harness without too much hassle, if a custom job is too costly (which I suspect). If nothing else, they will have all the OEM connectors, leaving you to connect the dots. It is a lot of time and work, and you'll need the wiring diagram. A ton of patience and good eyesight helps, too.

83ChevyK10
09-29-2019, 14:12
Thanks again. I appreciate your time and advise.