PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line help - again

ees
09-14-2004, 03:15
Well I am still trying to get this truck on the road. I ended up having to remove every fuel line as well as the tank due to rust.

The hard lines along the frame rail are no longer available from the dealer. The ends are very different from the lines you can get at a discount auto store. My local Parker hydraulic house can't recreate them.

I have not yet talked to NAPA. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find this type of tubing?

Thanks

Dvldog 8793
09-14-2004, 05:25
Howdy
If you are starting from scratch just make up the lines with flare fittings. IIRC, the fittings on the filter are just hose barb.
L8r
Conley

ees
09-14-2004, 10:43
Yes up at the engine they are just barb, but I already purchased the dealer hoses that take it down to the frame rail. They are hard lines once they get down there. Plus the pump feed is this special threaded fitting also.

rjwest
09-14-2004, 11:30
I cut out bad metal pipe, Flare the good ends,
install flex fuel line hose and clamps....

ees
09-14-2004, 18:06
I have been looking at that possiblity. I think the first 4 inches or so up near the pump is good enough to reuse.

I am still going to try some more searching. STILL have not found a replacement sending unit and I think mine is too far gone to repair.

And people call boats holes in the ground....

diesel65
09-14-2004, 19:04
Boats are actually holes in water. More so when you have a classic wooden boat. I have a 1954 Chris Craft that needs a major restoration but usable as is, just had the three carbs rebuilt, it cost me over five hundred bucks.