PDA

View Full Version : 18:1 pistons

JeepSJ
04-05-2017, 15:45
Just a teaser that the 18:1's with the machined crown look like they will be available again very soon. Ceramic coated tops with microslick coated skirts.

More later...

:D:D:D

sctrailrider
04-06-2017, 16:31
Old news, John Kennedy can supply them....

Aftermath
04-06-2017, 19:41
Peninsular too

JeepSJ
04-07-2017, 11:22
Old news, John Kennedy can supply them....

Nope. The machinist that he used is gone and John has not produced any for quite some time, nor is he planning to produce any in the future.

Peninsular too

Peninsular has standard pistons that have had the pin relocated to drop the piston down into the hole. Everything that I know about engines says this screws with quench which is a bad thing. They also just have anodized tops and no coating on the skirts.

These are basically a copy of what JK used to produce with updated coating technology.

sctrailrider
04-07-2017, 13:39
Nope. The machinist that he used is gone and John has not produced any for quite some time, nor is he planning to produce any in the future.

Peninsular has standard pistons that have had the pin relocated to drop the piston down into the hole. Everything that I know about engines says this screws with quench which is a bad thing. They also just have anodized tops and no coating on the skirts.

These are basically a copy of what JK used to produce with updated coating technology.

I guess John changed his mind from a few weeks ago when we talked... maybe he will set us all straight here...

JeepSJ
04-09-2017, 07:05
I guess John changed his mind from a few weeks ago when we talked... maybe he will set us all straight here...

He must have changed his mind from when I talked to him several months ago.