PDA

View Full Version : Map sensor question again

svcattle
10-06-2016, 13:38
I am trying to replace my map sensor and I replaced the harness plug because it was broke . I ordered a new map sensor from orieley junk auto parts the harness olug works with the oem map sensor but the new map sensor won't plug into the connector there is a tab that keeps you from plugging it in wrong but it's on the wrong side of the sensor anybody ever run into this

jggiedeman
10-10-2016, 15:01
It might be the other sensor that resembles the MAP sensor. There are two of them. One mounted on the intake manifold snorkel and the other mounted on the engine firewall near the brake power booster. I believe the one on the firewall is called the turbo boost sensor while the intake manifold is the MAP sensor. they look alike but as you have found out - the location of the "slit" in the plastic receiver faces the wrong direction.

svcattle
10-10-2016, 21:13
Found out there was two different part numbers finally got the right one . Truck runs great when the computer will let it have boost but sometimes it just goes dead only code was for turbo boost sensor which I thought was the map sensor is it not??

arveetek
10-12-2016, 06:24
Found out there was two different part numbers finally got the right one . Truck runs great when the computer will let it have boost but sometimes it just goes dead

I had Kennedy Diesel build me a custom chip for my 1995 model so that it would quit going into limp mode upon acceleration under heavy load. If the ECM does not feel like it's in complete control of all variables, including boost, it goes into limp mode and will stay there until engine restart.

My problems started when I installed a manual wastegate controller called the TurboMaster. Once the ECM realized it couldn't control boost anymore, it went into limp mode every time under heavy acceleration or when towing. Some folks have gotten around this by buying or making a "boost fooler" (do a search for those terms for more info). I like my chip, since it also did some other things, such as help with shift points in the 4L80E, increase timing slightly, etc. She runs great now.

Casey

svcattle
10-12-2016, 11:43
Sent Kennedy an email no response