PDA

View Full Version : Dealerships

bigtallguy
11-06-2003, 14:30
Well, my truck is still at the dealer and I should be getting it back soon, but I have heard some stories about folks paying big money to get something done and have it not have even been the problem and still have to get something else fixed. I was just wondering if that were to happen can you do anything about it or do you just have to take it and be broke? Just wondering in case they try to pull something. ;)

bigtallguy
11-06-2003, 20:27
Anybody?

Cowracer
11-07-2003, 06:22
Take a nickle plated .45, thumb the hammer back and set it on the service managers desk and say "Lets be good to each other"... :D

But seriously, word of mouth is the best indicator. Get in contact with chevy enthusiasts in your area, corvette and camaro clubs are great places to here stories (good and bad) about local dealers. Find out all you can. Try diffrent dealers, until you find a service manager you would be comfortable inviting over for dinner.

But the best way to avoid being shafted by the dealer is KNOWLEDGE! Learn every system on your truck, read every post on this board, and invest in a set of service manuals, and I dont mean chilton or (shudder) clymer.

Case in point, I had an input shaft sensor fail on my tranny, causing it to not shift. Local tranny shop looked at it and said 'rebuild' to the tune of $1300. Reading this board, I knew that the 4l80e is dead reliable shouldn't go bad at 120K miles with decent maintenance. I started looking for other causes and shure enough, I found the dead sensor, for a net savings of $1255.

Tim