PDA

View Full Version : Model of truck

svcattle
07-30-2016, 22:32
How do I know whether I gotta Silverado , Scottsdale or Cheyenne?

trbankii
07-31-2016, 08:06
Any badges?

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3344&stc=1&d=1469977590

svcattle
07-31-2016, 14:27
Badges like most everything else on this truck has fallen off or broken off long ago

trbankii
07-31-2016, 16:48
The reference section lists RPO codes for Silverado trim: http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/rpocodes.htm

I didn’t see anything for Cheyenne or Scottsdale trims levels. Mine is a Cheyenne according to the badges behind the front doors, but I’d say that means “work truck trim” by the vinyl floor and cloth bench seat.

Doing some searching, people say that the third gen trucks from ’75 on were Custom Deluxe (Base), Scottsdale (Mid-Range), Cheyenne (Luxury), and Silverado (Top of the Line). For the fourth gen trucks, the three trim levels were Cheyenne (Base), Scottsdale (Mid-Range), and Silverado (Top).

That aligns with what I said at the beginning about my truck…

So, depending on what your trim looks like - interior and exterior - you can likely hazard a guess as to what it is. Cheyenne is going to be vinyl interior and limited chrome. Silverado is going to be plush carpeting, plush seats, and chrome trim. Scottsdale falls somewhere in between.

svcattle
07-31-2016, 17:53
Well most of the trim has fallen off but since it has power mirrors power windows CD player and cassette player it's probably one of the higher models

trbankii
08-01-2016, 05:45
Well, I’d check for those RPO codes for a Silverado. If not one of those, then I’d say it is a Scottsdale.

svcattle
08-01-2016, 17:30
I cannot get the link to work

trbankii
08-01-2016, 18:06
Are you a subscribing member here? It is in the members’ section.

DmaxMaverick
08-01-2016, 19:18
There is no RPO code for "Silverado", etc. And I don't think there was a "Scottsdale" base model option for 1995? and later. I think that's about when they started the lettered trim levels.

If your original grill has single/square headlamps, it's a Cheyenne. If it has dual/rectangle, it's a Silverado. The grill style determined the base trim level. This is only comparative, as they weren't actually badged that way.

trbankii
08-02-2016, 04:24
Mine has the Cheyenne tags behind the front doors and basic trim level (vinyl floor, cloth bench seat, etc), but has the dual/rectangle headlights. ;)

trbankii
08-02-2016, 04:26
And the RPO listing in the members’ area has the following:

1SB -- EQUIPMENT GROUP 1SB (SILVERADO DECOR)
1SC -- EQUIPMENT GROUP 1SC (SILVERADO DECOR)
1SD -- EQUIPMENT GROUP 1SD (SILVERADO DECOR)