PDA

View Full Version : Severe oil leak in Victorville Ca

Intclimb
07-27-2016, 08:33
Hi, I am cross-posting this to rise my chances for a fast help:
I am stuck on my way back to Alaska with a severe oil leak (~5 Qt. on 120 mi) in Victorville, Ca. Have it for diagnosis at the local friendly dealership who will not be able to do any extended work on it right away. Does anyone know a helpful repair shop around my location should I have a bigger problem?

Details: had an oil change and inspection in San Diego after 3 years storage. Realized a low oil pressure driving in the hot weather. Pulled over, saw massive oil dripping, filled up, pressure is back. Oil leaks when driving since I didn't saw more leaking over night. Most likely position on the right side.

If **** happens ...*

Thank's for any fast reply.

trbankii
07-27-2016, 15:01
Right side? As in passenger side?

Robyn
07-27-2016, 15:32
Front, rear

More info please ?????

Could be a leaking turbo drain line or pressure feed to the turbo on the right side.

Possible valve cover leak

That large of a leak would make me think turbo drain line or turbo feed

The drain is metal with a SHORT rubber hose connector near the block.

See if you can locate the source of the leak.

Keep us in the loop

Intclimb
07-28-2016, 10:56
Hi Trbankii and Robyn,

The oil cooler lines are damaged. I ordered a set from Leroy overnight and they shall be here this afternoon. With a little bit of luck we can continue driving through the night. That way we will avoid the heat around Las Vegas.

I like to thank you both very much for your hints and suggestions. It's not only the technical support but even more the good feeling that there is someone caring and trying to help!!!!