PDA

View Full Version : 05 Dmax with Tune can it be turned off

garyr
05-24-2016, 15:36
This place is great!! Does anyone know if I can turn off my program or return to stock on 05 DMax? I don't know what I have other than a rotary nob with 5 positions.

rapidoxidationman
05-24-2016, 18:59
I imagine there's a name somewhere on your programmer. If you dole out some basic information someone here might be able to give you an accurate answer.

More Power
05-25-2016, 13:02
Does the wiring for the rotary knob lead to the vehicle's ECM or does it lead to an aftermarket module?

Welcome to the board!

garyr
05-25-2016, 13:39
I do believe it runs to under hood to factory wiring harness. Its just a two wire cable.

Kennedy
05-25-2016, 13:57
It sounds like somebody installed a DSP5 switch and custom ECM programming. There is no such thing as turning off the tuning. You will need to reflash the ECM to get stock.

What you are angling toward is reading with a scan tool. All datastream info still passes through just fine regardless of tune installed.

garyr
05-25-2016, 14:29
Well I'm have a drop in fuel mileage and a surging problem the surging is like a gas burner with a large cam. I'm thinking a fuel problem. But mechanic I asked if he could run a diagnostic on engine he said it needed to turn it off to run diag. And Mr. Kennedy you responded to an email I sent from finding your website last night Thank you!! And thank you morepower!!