PDA

View Full Version : boost gauge install, upper intake pics

James Schaack
11-04-2003, 21:26
i'm going to be installing a isspro boost gauge this weekend and was wondering if anyone could show me a picture of where on your upper intake manifold you placed the tap? since this is the first one i have done, it will help to see a photo of somebody else's. please post pics on forums or email them to me at schaack3@iastate.edu

thanks,
james

turbovair
11-06-2003, 05:39
James,
Remove the upper intake manifold.Drill with .339 drill bit Apprx 2 inches from the dirt line where the rubber coupling was connected. There should be a casting line on each side of the circular portion of the manifold. Drill on or near the casting line facing to the rear(facing firewall)Tap with 1/8 NPT. Clean chips from manifold.Use sealer on coupling threads. Put mine in(ISSPRO) last weekend. Its real easy. Go to "Diesel Injection Service" under 6.2/6.5 tech tips, gauge installation.They have a good drawing that shows what I just explained.

James Schaack
11-06-2003, 16:15
thanks! i ended up getting the gauge installed last night. i think i found the same page and diagram that you refered me too. i agree that this was an easy installation. it just always makes you wonder what you are getting into on your first one! i'll post a pic soon showing my custom made bracket and mount job!!!

james

turbovair
11-06-2003, 23:23
James,
Good to hear, I too thought the install was going to be "difficult". It was anything but. Will be interested to hear about your boost levels. Glad I could help.
T Vair