PDA

View Full Version : Biodiesel fuel line question

dieselfan15
10-31-2015, 11:10
Hi everyone,

I have a 1982 GMC C2500 Sierra Classic with the 6.2L diesel.
It has two fuel tanks and a selector valve.

I'm hoping to convert it to run on biodiesel (B100 NOT veggie oil).
I know the fuel lines need to be switched out with Viton lines as the biodiesel eats rubber.

Therefore, I have a few questions as I'm looking to order the new lines.
1. Has anyone here done this before? If so, could you share the specifications (length, diameter, etc.) of the hoses you used?
2. Is there anything else that should be replaced (seals, selector valve, etc.)?
3. Would you like to share your experiences or any other advice with biodiesel and the 6.2L engine?

Thank you for taking your time to read my post.

dieselfan15

Fenris
11-01-2015, 10:27
Well, I was looking into do some bio-diesel stuff to with my M998, it has a 6.2L NA engine in it. There is one thing you should know, bio-diesel doesn't keep very well when it gets really cold out like where I live. I was considering putting in a 2nd pumping system in around the engine so that when you switch between bio and regular diesel, all the fuel around the injectors and injector pump get flushed out so no bio-diesel remains anywhere in the system. Also don't forget to put heating lines in so that your fuel system doesn't get cold and clog up on you if you decide to drive where it gets to be a winter wonderland outside.