PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Guage reading empty

86C20
10-04-2015, 20:43
Hello all... I didn't see a new member intro area so I figured I'd jump right in... I'm a LEO from Florida and have 2 diesels currently in the stable. I have a 1986 Chevy C20 with the 6.2 with a Banks turbo, TH400 with shift kit, and 4.11s and has 127, xxx miles. I also have a 1989 Dodge D250 with a bolt on Cummins, Getrag 5 speed, and 3.54s with 175, xxx miles. I use the Chevy for daily driving and I use the Dodge for towing. The issue I am having with the Chevy is the fuel Guage consistently reading empty... the Guage will read correctly once in a blue moon and only for a short time... I was going to check the grounds but wanted to see where they were located... I see a ground strap coming from the filler neck to the frame and I also seen a bolt in a square shaped hole that appeared to have a wire coming off of it... I just wanted to see where the grounds from the sending unit were, I was going to take them off, sand the ground and bolt back up and see what happens. Thanks for any insight!