PDA

View Full Version : hello everybody 6.5 newbie here

svcattle
09-14-2015, 20:16
i bought a 6.5 a couple months like the truck pretty good so far replaced the fuel pump driver module, and the harmonic balancer and crank shaft pulley had a engine vibration at about 2500 rpm in neutral vibration is gone . truck runs pretty good untill it goes into limp mode .

trbankii
09-15-2015, 06:16
Welcome! So, what is causing it to go into limp mode? Or is that why you’re here? Going to need a few more details in that case.

Robyn
09-15-2015, 07:02
Welcome to TDP :D

Yesss, more details.

If the truck is going into limp mode the SES light will come on.

Pull the codes and see what is bothering it.

Missy

rapidoxidationman
09-15-2015, 07:09
Manual transmission? Dual mass flywheel? The bearings between the masses can/will fail and cause a vibration since the masses are no longer concentric.

svcattle
09-15-2015, 18:20
ok i should have mentioned in my original post the po has reversed or did something to the vacuum hoses to the turbo wastegate actuator so now i can make about 15 psi boost and i think thats whats kicking me into limp mode truck runs really strong until that happens

svcattle
09-17-2015, 20:08
Here are the two codes po236 and po380

Robyn
09-18-2015, 15:34
P0236 is waste gate control issue and the P0380 is glow plug performance

Make sure the vacuum line from the pump goes to the vacuum side of the waste gate solenoid and the line from the waste gate control on the turbo goes to the other fitting on the waste gate solenoid.

Possibly the solenoid is bad.

The glow plug code likely means there may be burned out plugs.

If the thing starts ok, no biggy, but new plugs should fix it.

svcattle
09-18-2015, 17:56
previous owner has put a manual glow plug button on to control them . also i dont know how but but he has changed vacuum hoses so that i can make 15 psi boost and i think that is what isa causing the truck to go into limp mode she pulls good up until it shifts to overdrive and hits 15 psi

Robyn
09-19-2015, 18:15
As I mentioned before.

Check the vacuum hose routing.

From vacuum pump to waste gate solenoid on LH valve cover with one line.

The other line goes from the solenoid to the waste gate servo on the turbo.

Likely the other guy has connected the vacuum line directly to the servo, or tied the gate shut with wire or ????

Check out the hose routing and see Waaasssssup

Make sure with the engine off that the waste gate control arm will move for and aft freely

If its stuck that will also cause the issue.

Anything over 8 psi will trip L M

Missy

svcattle
09-19-2015, 18:31
ok i will check the routing . hoses are hooked up because when i take hose of the wastegate the arm moves . will i be able to keep the egt at safe levels towing with stock boost psi?