PDA

View Full Version : cold advance revisited

catmandoo
11-01-2003, 15:45
put my banks on my 92 and the day before the cold advance worked and now it doesn't.checked and it does have power to the cold advance .could i have gotten something out of place when i took the top off the pump to turn it up?

gmctd
11-01-2003, 16:24
Remember the old Smokie the Bear commercials? "Only you can prevent forest fires!"
At the risk of being facetious, only you can pull that cover to find out. ;)

First, tho, if you have an ohmmeter, check the terminal to case resistance - infinity is open, around 1200 ohms or less is good.

You can pick up a new DVM at Harbor Freight for around $4.95 with battery if you don't have one.

jd

catmandoo
11-02-2003, 14:27
well took it apart today and there isn't anything in there that i can see could be out of place. i did turn the pump down aliitle because i was getting lots of black smoke when i was on it pretty hard and that did seem to bring back some of the rattle thats inherent during cold advance so guess i'll see in the morningalso the rack in the pump seems really loose is this suppose to be like this? i took apart a pump off an old 5.7 olds and it was alot tighter than this and the little fork on the front is somewhat tight as the 6.5 is loose and flops around