PDA

View Full Version : '93 Dual Thermostat/Mechanical Throttle

AsphaltCowboy
04-19-2015, 23:04
I have a dual thermostat housing that I will be putting on a '93 mechanical 6.5. I'm trying to figure out the throttle brackets.

I've read a few posts where people have made a custom mount for the throttle and cruise but it doesn't look like there's any room for the high-idle solenoid.
Also several people have mentioned that there are sites that sell pre-made throttle brackets for the twin thermostat but I can't seem to find them. Anybody have any links.

Also been mentioned that marine engines came with throttle brackets and dual thermostats, any info on this?

I'd just like to at least look into the pre-made ones before I start cutting and hacking.

Thanks!

Kennedy
04-20-2015, 08:08
There were detailed drawings in the DP Feature Articles years back. We offered the mechanical kits for years then dropped them, but now am getting sucked back into it. The modified outlets are in hand, and the throttle bracket prototype was just approved for production so I expect them soon.

AsphaltCowboy
04-20-2015, 13:29
Thanks, I'll do some more research and see if I can dig up the article.

I have not heard of a modified outlet. Does this allow me to use my stock bracket or just work in addition to the new brackets you're going to sell?

john8662
04-20-2015, 13:40
As part of Kennedy's kit you will get a modified water outlet and a modified throttle bracket. Both are required to clear the mechanical pump and linkage.

A LOT easier than trying to make the stuff.

John

AsphaltCowboy
04-20-2015, 16:51
There were detailed drawings in the DP Feature Articles years back.

Does anyone have a link to the article? I've seen a few pics of different ones people have made but it'd be nice to see an actual write up.

Kennedy
04-21-2015, 08:37
Here's a pic of the prototype piece mocked up. The brackets are 304ss

Yukon6.2
04-25-2015, 21:16
Hi Asphalt Cowboy
I did a conversion on my 98 last summer,i put the mechanical pump on it.It had the dual thermostats.On it i didn't modify the coolant output.I had to bring the cable out the front.There are a few pic in my thread on the conversion.
I also did the dual t state mod on my 6.2,on that one i did modify the coolant output and my cable was able to go in more upright.
If you have a mig welder and a few other tools it's not to tough to fab up either.
Thomas