PDA

View Full Version : heater hose/radiator plumbing

benaustic
04-11-2015, 07:50
Fella's- I got the '95 6.5 in my '96 k2500 and she's running great! For those that read the earlier posts, I decided to leave the vacuum wastegate controller alone. Seems to work well. I'm really impressed with the way this truck runs. SSD's fuel-miser injectors seem to make a difference.

I'm having trouble remembering how the radiator/expansion tank/heater hoses were run. Where do you guys have your cab heater hoses run to/from? Expansion tank?

benaustic
04-11-2015, 20:28
Specific questions:

Does the radiator overflow run to one of the bottom fittings on the expansion tank?

Then, the overflow on the expansion tank has a short stub that's open, correct?

The heater hoses run from the thermostat housing to the core and back to the top of the pass. side of the radiator?... or to the T in the suction hose?

DmaxMaverick
04-11-2015, 22:30
Specific questions:

Does the radiator overflow run to one of the bottom fittings on the expansion tank?

Then, the overflow on the expansion tank has a short stub that's open, correct?

The heater hoses run from the thermostat housing to the core and back to the top of the pass. side of the radiator?... or to the T in the suction hose?

The heater core should return to the passenger side of the radiator. The rest sounds about right.