PDA

View Full Version : Injector Pump

fshope
06-14-2005, 17:40
I am looking for a recommendation to have my injection pump rebuilt. I would like to send it in have it rebuilt and returned. Unless someone has a better recommendation! It has been a reliable pump.

Thanks

Frank
:rolleyes:

ace58
06-15-2005, 18:19
Try using search feature. I had my IP rebuilt by information learned here. I will check my records and report back.

DeezlStinson
06-16-2005, 10:42
Howdy,

I had bought a rebuilt pump from Diesel Injection Service in Lubbock TX. http://www.dieselpage.com/main.shtml (I believe they actually rebuilt the pump) My Suburban had about 60,000 on it when it failed(I bought it new).

I also used Stanadyne Performance Formula in it for the first 60,000 miles too.(I should think that the SPF "caused" the failure huh?)

I now have 145,000 on the Sub now with the rebuilt pump still going strong(I recently replaced the PMD though) 85,000 miles and no fuel additives at all used. I also have not touched the injectors at all in this time. It's probably time to consider new/rebuilt injectors though.

Just make certain you get a pump from a reputable rebuild facility that will warrant the pump. Also ask them if it has to be installed by a shop or if you can do it yourself(if you're able). I did mine. I was lucky...GM actually reimbursed me since the pump was covered under the 120,000/11 year extended warranty.

Regards,

Rick

Trae
06-17-2005, 10:19
I use Diesel Injector Service in Dallas for my IP replacement and have nothing but praise for them