PDA

View Full Version : Power steering ad transmission line fitting size

campionc
04-04-2015, 15:19
OK, here's the situation. I have to order parts without being able to actually look at my truck to see what I need, so I hope somebody can help. It's a long story, but needless to say, I simply don't have access to my truck at the moment.

We'rein the process of replacing the transmission and power steering coolers on my 98 K3500 with the 6.5 diesel. My truck has the stock fin-type PS cooler that is mounted to the core support.

I already have a Hayden 679 transmission cooler, and a Derale 13200 power steering cooler. I need to know a couple things:

First, the PS cooler. What size fittings am I going to need to connect this to the stock lines? Might it be easier to just make new hoses? If so, I need to know what fittings to use to mate the rubber hose to the pump and the gearbox where the lines run from the cooler.

Second, the transmission lines. What fitting will I need to connect the new cooler to the stock lines? I've seen all sorts of different sizes on the web referring to the 6.5, and I can't make heads or tails of it. I "think" they might mate up without any new fittings because I think they are both 3/8, but I'm not completely sure.

Both kits include some extra parts but I'm not sure what, if any, of the hardware to use. I need someone else's expertise this one. It wouldn't be so hard if I could get to my truck to actually look at things, but seeing as I can't at the moment, I thought I'd see if anyone else can jump in here and help me out.

Thanks!
Chris

campionc
04-05-2015, 17:41
Well, nobody responded to this, but that's ok. As it turns it looks like all of the lines can be separated at the rubber, making it possible to slip them over the new ends. If I end up replacing replacing any of the entire line assemblies I will post again with all the fitting sizes.