PDA

View Full Version : Mech IP Cooling question

ulhpilot
03-25-2015, 13:04
My repair is going good, to the point now I need to address cooling. What is the latest and greatest on updating 87GPM cooling system OTHER than the dual t-stat system. I see lots of Duramax clutch/fan retrofits etc but don't know if that's the way to go.
Thanks.

Kennedy
03-26-2015, 10:50
The way to make the system work is the complete water pump/dual stat deal. We do have these kits back in production after trying to discontinue them, but it's taking longer than expected.

As for the Dmax fan the blade is not the key. The clutch is. We stock the proper clutch and the proper 20" steel blade to match.

ulhpilot
03-26-2015, 11:00
The way to make the system work is the complete water pump/dual stat deal. We do have these kits back in production after trying to discontinue them, but it's taking longer than expected.

As for the Dmax fan the blade is not the key. The clutch is. We stock the proper clutch and the proper 20" steel blade to match.

PM sent

Dvldog8793
03-26-2015, 15:03
Howdy
Just thought I would throw this in....
Make sure you clean the cooling stack....meaning remove the radiator and clean it and the AC. All the air that gets to the radiator has to pass through the AC unit first.
Another thing to consider is a bigger more efficient oil cooler with lines that don't leak.
Hope this helps!