PDA

View Full Version : 1993 6.2L: Bleeding Fuel System

TonyS.
02-17-2015, 11:09
I replaced the stock fuel filter that resided on my 1993 6.2L engine with a Racor spin-on filter setup. The filter is underneath the truck about 2' away from the tank. I forgot to add anti-gelling additive until the engine started acting up last week. (yeah, I know :rolleyes: ) My 2 micron fuel filter got gelled so I'm replacing it today with a 10 micron. My question is whether there is another air/fuel bleed on top of the IP anywhere? My Racor filter head does not have a bleed screw on top. I do have RectorSeal 5 on all the port plugs but I don't know if loosening, then retightening the plug will then have me leaking from that plug afterwards. I could loosen or remove the hose from where I connected it onto the metal fuel line next to the filter to help bleed air.... I was also thinking of adding an inline Y-valve after the filter to help in bleeding when replacing fuel filter. I'm unsure what to do... suggestions? Thanks.

TonyS.
02-17-2015, 17:53
Replaced the filter, loosened up the hose clamps on the hose that I connected to the metal fuel line, ran the e-pump for 2 minutes. I could hear the air spitting out, along with some fuel. Tightened them up again, took the pink wire off the IP and cranked the engine a few brief times. Hooked up the pink wire to the IP and away she ran! Like a friggin' champ. Meanwhile, my buddy is fighting an electrical/computer battle with his truck at his house. I love my "simple" 6.2L diesel. :)

DieselDavy
02-18-2015, 07:09
That's great Tony! Glat it worked out alright.
That think will be running after an EMP while the rest of us will be sitting on the side of the road!
Dave