PDA

View Full Version : How do you install the male compression for the engine oil feed line into the top of

jrsavoie
12-15-2014, 16:52
How do you install the male compression for the engine oil feed line into the top of the turbo?

Is there any sealant on the threads or anything?

I screwed up and didn't hold mine with a wrench when I took the oil line off and twisted the line because the male compression loosened before the compression. Being blind as I am, I didn't see what was happening until the line was already twisted.

I'm not sure how that fitting seals into the turbo. I've never had one out before. I would think there would have to be some kind of sealant or seal to keep it from leaking.

The compression end is good. I just need to know about the end that threads into the turbo

bowtiebutler
12-15-2014, 20:03
If your talking about the fitting on the GM turbo, then the part of the fitting that screws into the turbo is pipe thread, and requires using a thread sealant like Teflon tape. The upper part of the fitting is a AN type. I assume your fitting is like the one in these pics.

Matt

jrsavoie
12-15-2014, 20:09
Kind of similar. But it's no where near that pretty. It's like the ugly step cousin.

I almost didn't recognize it in those pics. LOL

Thanks

Much appreciated