PDA

View Full Version : New 6.2L in the blazer!

RossT
06-20-2014, 20:47
Okay guys I finally ordered a new engine for my Blazer, I got one from White Owl for $995 + Freight. To my understanding the Humvee engine is a J-Code and there are things I need to change out on the engine for it to work in my Blazer.

What should I do while the engine is out and what do I need to do to make the Humvee engine compatible will all the original components, and Isn't the J-code a non EGR so is there anything I would need for that?

This is my first engine swap but I'm not doing this alone my dad has huge amounts of experience with Chevy's so hes teaching me along the way.

-Ross
http://i.imgur.com/w1cGgocl.jpg

Robyn
06-21-2014, 09:25
The HMMWV engine is the same pretty much and the accessories off the K5 will bolt right on.

While the engine is out you can do a good engine bay cleaning and check the wiring real good.

Depending, it might be a great time to replace the radiator and change out the oil cooler lines.

If you replace the radiator, be sure to get an OEM or better quality.
Visteon makes a good one.

The stuff that has epoxied cores are junk (China)

If you don't have an external tranny cooler, now would be a great time to add one in the return line from the internal cooler of the radiator.

Actually I prefer to route the tranny through an external cooler only as the extra heat dumped into the coolant is not a good thing if you use the rig hard off road in hot weather.

Good luck

Missy