PDA

View Full Version : OIL PUMP REPLACEMENT WHAT KIND OF PUMP?

bdv
05-18-2005, 15:15
WANTING TO REPLACE THE OIL PUMP WHEN DOING THE STUD GIRDLE. HAVE READ ABOUT USING HIGH FLOW PUMP? WHICH SHOULD I USE AND HOW DO I INSTALL IT? WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO REMOVE/REPLACE, WHAT SHOULD I LOOK OUT FOR? WHAT PARTS WOULD I NEED TO GET SEALS/ O-RINGS? PART NUMBER FOR PUMP?

THANKS FOR THE HELP BRENT

More Power
05-18-2005, 18:35
WANTING TO REPLACE THE OIL PUMP WHEN DOING THE STUD GIRDLE. HAVE READ ABOUT USING HIGH FLOW PUMP? WHICH SHOULD I USE AND HOW DO I INSTALL IT? WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO REMOVE/REPLACE, WHAT SHOULD I LOOK OUT FOR? WHAT PARTS WOULD I NEED TO GET SEALS/ O-RINGS? PART NUMBER FOR PUMP?
It's been a while since I R&R'ed an oil pump, but as I recall, there are no seals or o-rings involved. It's just bolted on.

If you're doing it from the bottom with the engine in the vehicle, you'll need to make sure the oil pump drive shaft engages the new pump properly during re-assembly. Might be easier to remove the oil pump drive before changing the pump.

However, I doubt you need the high-cap pump on a non-piston-oil-spray engine. The 1993 model-year 6.5TD Project engine is running with the original oil pump that pre-dates the hi-cap model produced for the 1997 model-year engine.

MP