PDA

View Full Version : EGT probe for rear mount turbo

HH
04-21-2014, 18:02
Anyone have a recommendation for placing the EGT probe for a van with a 6.5 rear mount turbo. This is in my 1997 Savana. It appears to me the best location is after the turbo in the cast piece between the turbo and down pipe. Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

savvy97
05-04-2014, 18:54
Probably you already decided this - but I put mine in the downpipe at the curve right under the starter. I used a 1/4 NPT STEEL female fitting ground on an angle and had it welded on so the probe stuck out straight and the probe went straight down the pipe that way. then I used a 1/4 stainless compression fitting to hold the probe (it was a 6mm round probe)

I have a 1997 Savanna diesel van also - and I am now putting on an intercooler. I got a rude awakening when I discovered the rear turbo - but the lines just barely fit up the drivers side under the engine

HH
05-11-2014, 12:13
Thanks, thought about that. I put it in the bottom of the cast piece behind the turbo, close to the wastegate. There was a nice flat spot. I would like to see photos of your intercooler install.

Items I plan to add are a boost controller, Heath Computer, and new dampers.

Recent additions included a remote PMD, Edge Insight for gauges with the EGT, and double DIN radio.