PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control

Madrugador
02-02-2014, 17:43
I have a 6.2L in a Land Rover Defender '95. Does anyone know of a great after market cruise control kit that I can install?
Thanks! Madrugador.

More Power
02-03-2014, 14:45
Dr. Lee installed a cruise control on his Chevy 6.2L diesel that was originally made for a gas engine application. He used the existing engine speed sensor and an easy to make electronic interface (as I recall) to feed the new electronic cruise control. Dr. Lee may chime in...

Otherwise, you can find the article that explains how to do all this in the following book: http://www.thedieselpage.com/62book.htm

Dr. Lee
02-12-2014, 19:03
I used the SCS/Frigette electronic cruise control 14 years ago, when I replaced the vacuum system on my 1984 truck. Jim was thinking of my tachometer project, which used the engine speed sensor and a little signal conditioner I put together to drive a gasoline engine tach.

The SCS/Frigette system included a sensor to be put in the speedometer cable assembly to tell the cruise control how fast the truck was moving. You will have to do your own research to determine if SCS/Frigette is even in the cruise control business these days.

Best o' Luck, Dr. Lee