PDA

View Full Version : 2006 LBZ wont start

BowTieDmax
02-01-2014, 18:50
About a month ago when we had the extreme cold my buddys truck stopped running. After a few days in a warm garage it still would not start. He tried a fuel filter and no luck. He asked me to look at it and I tried blowing out fuel lines, looking for the normal "chaffed wires", looking for fuel leaks and some other stuff.
At first he said it just poured white smoke a no power but still would move under its own power. Then by the time he got home it it would just idle white smoke but no power to move.
I told him to take it to the dealer. because I had not test equipment. I forget the codes that first showed for him.
The dealer told him it needed injectors.he has 200,000 miles. He bought new GM injectors and asked me to install them. I installed them and still wont start.The same as it was at the beginning. It just cranks,it tries to fire but wont. Atleast now it only shows a "low rail pressure code" . From the first time I looked at it the fuel prime would not pump hard. So I changed the complete fuel filter housing off another truck and now it will pump hard. But after about 5-10 sec it looses its prime. I took the return line off at the back of the engine were it goes back the tank. With the line off and I prime the filter it just pumps out that line as fast as i pump. Why?? would it be the pressure relief? Pressure regulator or is the a check valve in the pump?
I did remove the hose off at the back of the rail for the pressure relief and pumped and no fuel came out there so Im guessing its not the pressure relief valve?
Any help would be great