PDA

View Full Version : It has been a sad sad day,

fixajet
02-01-2014, 12:58
Sort of, today I said good bye to my 93 chev 6.5. Ive had it for 13 trouble free years, never left me stranded and always got me where I needed to go. The problem is my family out grew the extended cab. ( everyone is too big for the back seat now) So I traded it in. What followed me home is my new to me 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD duramax with the LBZ! the pain didn't last long after I drove that baby off the lot. lol I guess I will be spending more time here as I try to learn everything about it.

Scott

CoyleJR
02-02-2014, 16:39
Scott,
It sounds to me like you made the correct decision by buying an LBZ Dmax. I own one so my opinion is definitely slanted toward the LBZ motor, although they are all good. With regular maintenance these trucks seem to run almost forever. If you got 13 years service from your 1993, 6.5 you should have no trouble getting 26 + years service from the LBZ.

Since the truck is used I would suggest checking all fluid levels yourself and confirm that it has the correct fluid in the transfer case. Additionally, a two micron fuel filter kit and changing all fluids/filters would be at the top of my wishlist.

Good luck and safe travels with the new ride
John

More Power
02-04-2014, 11:13
Sort of, today I said good bye to my 93 chev 6.5. Ive had it for 13 trouble free years, never left me stranded and always got me where I needed to go. The problem is my family out grew the extended cab. ( everyone is too big for the back seat now) So I traded it in. What followed me home is my new to me 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD duramax with the LBZ! the pain didn't last long after I drove that baby off the lot. lol I guess I will be spending more time here as I try to learn everything about it.

Scott

Scott,
Congratulations! Not a sad day at all. The newer trucks are certainly nice.

I recommend those who buy an out-of-warranty truck consider an OE or commercial extended warranty that covers the engine/injectors, or begin building a rainy day fund for possible future maintenance.

Jim

fixajet
02-05-2014, 19:16
I usually don't buy the warranties but for some reason I bought one this time for piece of mind. Covers 3 years 50k miles.