PDA

View Full Version : were can I but injector parts (nozzles)?

HANK1948
10-09-2005, 16:02
I was wondering if you just can buy the injector nozzles, I know the rebuilders reuse the bodys and normally just change the nozzles so I was hoping to eliminate the middle man.

bromak
10-12-2005, 11:22
I think I saw them listed in the parts list at the Rockauto site. www.rockauto.com (http://www.rockauto.com)
Good luck, Brian

MTTwister
10-12-2005, 13:15
Contact the various advertisers on this site. At the 04 rendevous (sp) I know someone was displaying / passing around some improved pintles - Think it might have been Greg..

Barry Nave
10-13-2005, 01:57
posted 10-09-2005 06:02 PM
I was wondering if you just can buy the injector nozzles, I know the rebuilders reuse the bodys and normally just change the nozzles so I was hoping to eliminate the middle man.

But could this be done with normal hand tools?
Just wondering about pop psi set up,springs under load. I really don't know anything about rebuilding injectors but sure would like to learn. To date: 61k on JK high Flows. Good for how many more?

Kennedy
10-13-2005, 06:06
It's not rocket science, but there's more to it than swapping the nozzles. First we bead blast the entire body including down inside the lower body, excluding the lapped surfae of the upper body. Then the upper body and middle ring are lapped (some apparently skip this step on budget injectors) for clean fit/no leaks. All parts get washed and blown dry, and then assembled/shimmed and pop tested. The pop psi is adjusted via shim thickness and they will likely not be that close initially. When we do them, we always end up changing shims as we pop them higher. Once you have the pop psi set you disassemble again, and install the nozzle heat shield. reassemble, and recheck pop psi. Clean then and spray with a bit of clear paint, gun bluing, or your choice of coating.

Barry Nave
10-18-2005, 02:08
JK
How many miles will I see from your high flows?
100k+ :cool:

Kennedy
10-18-2005, 05:05
It's hard to expect more than the 80-100k from any of these type nozzles, but consistent use of fuel conditioner like FPPF Total Power will definitely extend their useful life...

Barry Nave
10-19-2005, 02:36
It's hard to expect more than the 80-100k from any of these type nozzles, but consistent use of fuel conditioner like FPPF Total Power will definitely extend their useful life...

Looks like I'll be paying you a visit about this time next year :D
Any improvment on injectors then the ones I have?