PDA

View Full Version : Stock tach oil p. and speedo

D-Maxtim
01-28-2014, 08:20
I'm having problems with dash gauges. some not working some show levels way off and speedo comes and goes. any ideas?

JohnnyR
01-28-2014, 12:23
Do a search on the internet for gm gauge repair. You'll find all kinds of repair info to help you. Common occurrence on 03 thru 06 models.

DickWells
01-29-2014, 08:32
My son found a site for ordering a complete set of little motors for repairing the whole gauge unit. Don't know if he's put them in yet, I doubt it, since it's winter and he only runs his 03 during the Summer months.

I've had to replace my gauge unit twice since buying the truck in 06, and the second time I had to eat the cost, because I was in the NW, and the local dealer couldn't get it covered again. Found out later, that all I had to have done was to contact my dealer back home, and he would have had a replacement unit forwarded from his supplier back East. Another $325 down the tube!

If you're handy with a solder-sucker and soldering iron, and are interested, let me know and I'll find out from my son about what and where. I do know that the whole set of motors cost him a small fraction of a replacement unit.