PDA

View Full Version : moved by me, My 6.2

COYOTE102076
12-31-2013, 09:29
For some reason (my own carelessness most likely) my 1st post ended up in the pictures forum. So here goes again. In the RIGHT section! lol
This truck has been 18 years in the making for me: (18 years to finaly find & buy equipped like I wanted)
1982 Chevy K10,
TH400 w 5k on built trans (had 700R4 originally)
Full locker in rear, limit slip in front, 3.73 gears (so i was told)
6.2L NA, and plan to keep it that way. :-)
31x10.50x15 all terrains ( All 4 are a different brand! lmao! )
Tilt wheel, WORKING A/C, 127k actual miles
2 owners since new! His father bought new in late '82, died in '98, and 2nd owner (son) has had it since then.
the 2nd owner was a 63 year old diesel mechanic, as was his father, so mechanically it is in tip top shape.
Rebuilt 6.5L injection pump installed 4 years ago.
Needs paint & Interior TLC (coming VERY soon) and 4 new tires. (Staying with 31" Mud Terrains)
Rims LOOK rough, but they are solid (light surface rust & dirty) and will be repainted black.
A fair bit of surface rust, but no big dents (Just a few "Wal-Mart door dings) to be found anywhere! Passenger side rear fender rusted clean through. --typical--
ADDED:
I plan on sanding down and repainting this truck. Not sure if I am going
to keep it silver & blue, or what I WANT to do is paint the top of the cab and the bottom 24", allong with the bumpers & grille and anything that is shiny black, and paint the rest of the body "New Caterpillar Yellow".
She's just an old work mule, so nothing fancy. Just basic tractor enamel will work just fine. (I paint stuff all the time here at the tractor dealership I work at.) WHEN the enamel fades, just wet sand with 2000 grit sandpaper and it will shine like new again. Usualy fades an about 24 months. After about 2 wet sandings it can be repainted again. No biggy. And only cost me --getting stuff at dealer cost-- about $75 to paint one. I have painted 4 old trucks in the past like this with great results. :-)
I just picked up 2 kinda decent used 31x1050's (Sport King AT's) with 7/32 tread left at the center of the tread. So now I am down to having only THREE different brand tires on it! hahaha
Not sure what or IF I am going to do with the inside other than painting
black & cat yellow if I go that paint route.
OH, and since I work at a tractor dealership I plan on installing a
big tractor muffler! :D The one used on a 210 allis chalmers tractor.
Ta ta for now............................

DmaxMaverick
12-31-2013, 10:36
Welcome to the Forums!

You didn't move it, I did. It's in the "Photo Forum" (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/forumdisplay.php?f=59), where new users and vehicles can be introduced, including pictures (although not required). The engine-specific forums are better suited for problem solving, modifications, and anything specific to the related engine.

Welcome aboard, and please make the most of your visits.