PDA

View Full Version : '01 Silverado Radio- repair buttons?

chessy56
12-29-2013, 10:57
OK, here's another odd request:
Anyone know of a source of replacement buttons for a Delco AM/FM stereo/CD player radio? This would be for an '01 2500HD. I've found a couple of kits, but I only need the "< SCAN >" rocker type button. If anyone has a source for individual pieces, please post a reply!

One other question:
This same radio has an AUX port on the back of the radio. Does anyone know of an aftermarket plug-in that will allow me to play mp3 files from a memory stick? I believe this AUX port was intended for a Cassette player add-on and I've found articles that suggest you can plug in an adapter for your IPOD. Anyone with ideas please post!

Odd that I've decided to accessorize my ride after 330K miles. I guess there's some things you just can't rush into!

Thanks folks.

More Power
12-30-2013, 10:56
YOur local GM dealer parts counter may be able to help. The only thing I know is that some years ago I bought a like-new complete OEM radio/CD player for less than $100 from an auto salvage center.

Let me know if the aux port you found will work with an iPod. I've been considering an iPod... ;)