PDA

View Full Version : 30-40 hp with just injector changes ?

arrowheadracing
01-09-2005, 05:34
I ve heard about the marine injectors. Most of the diesel shops advertise this rating for the injectors. But I can hardly see how just an injector can add that much power. Maybe 10-15 hp increase. With a ton of additions maybe you can see an increase of that much ( getting all the pieces of the puzzle is important when looking for complete setup ). Just wondered if they are worth the $500 or if a set of $225 stock injectors would be just as well. I have 140,000 miles on mine and I dont think they have ever been replaced.

Any input, anyone use them and gain mileage or performance with them ?

Thanks
Todd

norm
01-09-2005, 06:13
A friend of mine with a Cummins has 4" exhaust and some h.o. injectors as his only mods (so far as I know), and his truck is crazy-fast!
But I would like to know from the guys about what injectors will do for our 6.5.

Spindrift
01-09-2005, 06:46
Before I installed mine, I was concerned about the "clatter" which some folks had reported with their installs. Quite frankly, the engine sounds more balanced now. My seatometer didn't register any noticeable difference. Mileage is actualy up...an especially good thing considering I'm now using a winter blend. Actual power increase? I'll report on this when we dyno the truck at the end of the month. I'll be satisfied if I see anything near a 20 hp increase. Won't be towing a real heavy load until early Spring so I'm still very interested in what, if any, affect I'll see on EGTs.