PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Cap / Tank

CareyWeber
10-04-2005, 14:53
I went to service my truck tonight and the radiator cap would not come off the neck just spins in the tank (not the cap is on the firewall mounted tank as there is not a neck on the radiator for a radiator cap.

Has anyone one else had their radiator cap neck spin and not let their radiator cap come off?

Is a new tank the only fix? :rolleyes:

Carey

DChristie
10-05-2005, 04:02
Good morning!

I had to go outside to look at my '95. :rolleyes:
So, you grab the cap and twist, the whole "neck" (brass that connects to the plastic tank) spins, Right?
To answer your question, No, I haven't ever seen that before. Does the entire tank need to be replaced? I'd try to fix it first, at this point it's broke and you don't have anything to lose but time by trying. :D

DChristie

Aryeh Levy
10-05-2005, 14:35
It can get corroded pretty badly with dex cool.

Did you push hard down while twisting? The first twist is easy counterclockwise, but then you need to push down while twisting.

CareyWeber
10-05-2005, 16:13
Originally posted by DChristie:
you grab the cap and twist, the whole "neck" (brass that connects to the plastic tank) spins, Right?DChristie Yes that is exactly what is happening.

Carey

JohnC
10-06-2005, 05:56
Maybe you can turn it back to where it belongs and drill through the plastic and brass and stick a screw in to hold it, at least temporarily...