PDA

View Full Version : 93 IP Fuel Shut oFF

gomer
05-27-2013, 21:49
Won’t start and can’t bleed injectors
My injection pump is off of a 93 I did a mechanical pump swap. The swap went great. The pump worked great but now it won’t start again. To get it started I had to take the top off the IP and slide the shut off by hand. I did that a few times and it would start and shut off like it is supposed to. I test the solenoid and it works fine. I put the top back on the IP and everything was fine it would start and shut off like it should. I drove it probably 25 mile with 4 stop in between. Got back to the house and killed it and started it another 3 time no problem. Then I parked it and washed it and cleaned up tools ate dinner and a few other thing and then it would not start. I took the top back off the IP and tried the trick again but this time it did not work.
Anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong now? Also I did loosen the injector lines to see if I was getting fuel to the injectors and I am not. I also tried WD 40 with no luck. I have searched the worldwide web and still can’t seem to find anything to send me in the right direction. It just seems really strange that it was working great then nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

racer55
05-30-2013, 11:07
Check the fuses or ohm test the solenoid?

gomer
05-30-2013, 15:15
I tested the solenoid it works fine. But even when I take the solenoid off completely and move the fuel shut off by hand it won't start now. If that makes sense. I did it to get it started and drove it for a hour or so then it sat for about 3 hrs then won't start again. Could that be a hot start issue? Thanks

racer55
05-30-2013, 16:10
Best advice I can give is try pouring a room tempo bottle of water over the IP and try starting when hot or no start condition occurs and note results.

Sometimes starter cranking speed that is too low will have the same effect.