PDA

View Full Version : Got me stumped - No Start

black_noise
05-21-2013, 19:14
Over the last few year I have replace (with the help of others posts on this forum) the PMD - remote mounted behind headlight, and the oil pressure sending unit because the lift pump was not running after engine start, the glow plug relay.

Well now it has been very doggy (no power) and then a week or 2 after that it would start fish biting, and sometimes dying, but starting back up ok.

After a day or two of that, now it will not start, it cranks over fine, but does not fire. Lift pump is working, bypassed the OPS, and checked grounds and connectors for almost everything.

Im almost confident its something electrical, and Im suspecting the fuel shut off.

I unplugged it but still no start (im thinking its normally closed and need power to open to let fuel flow) check my fuses and everything I could think of. No go.

Calling on TDP for some 6.5 TD (vin f) help

a5150nut
05-21-2013, 19:48
Can you get some
one to cycle the ignition switch while you have your hand on the shut off solinoid?

Have you tried loosining any injector lines to see if your getting fuel to the injectors? Drivers side is the easy one.

Checked for fuel at the filter ??

black_noise
05-21-2013, 20:06
Will try to feel if fuel shut off click on key turn, havnt opened any injectors. Do have fuel out of t drain, and at filter.

Truck is dead in the water at the farm 30 miles away, will go back tomorrow, just looking for more ideas.
Ill probably take a new fuel shut off with me tomorrow.

black_noise
05-22-2013, 14:49
well, fuel solenoid clicks... gonna check for fuel at an injector tomorrow, try another PMD (which i doubt) and possibly check the ignition switch wired under the column cover.

Any other ideas?

Warren96
06-05-2013, 06:37
It would be helpfull to have some details about your model, that way responses could be tailord to your question,the way mine is at the bottom.That you can fill out at the signiture page. At this point all i can think of is-Does air come out with the fuel, at the top of the filter?

Warren96
06-05-2013, 06:45
How about the glow plugs. Does the dash light come on? What state are you from, is it cold there?