PDA

View Full Version : May be some one out there can offer advice? (is my IP bad???)

jerrey
05-02-2013, 10:52
Well I am having issues so I thought I would see if I can get some other input to see if you all agree with whats wrong. My truck started running odd about 2 weeks back most of the time since then it has been sitting parked but it stated out surging so I started with simple stuff. New fuel filter and cleaning out the FFM still no help so I thought maybe air in the fuel so I setup some clear tube in place of the return line and the return is good no air or bubbles and ****. Next tried the lift pump test and the pump is on and is delivering enough fuel that it keeps running with the drain opened up (though it is still running badly). Oh and of course I checked out a different PMD also one borrowed from a guy I work with (known to be working) and a new one I just got in today, neither made any change. This brings me to the latest symptoms that have started just in the last day or so on top of running bad/ rough after I start the truck up it sits and chugs and runs like hell but is gradually increasing its RPMs till it tries to runaway on me??? This is the 4th 6.5/6.2 I have owned and I have not had one do this to me before so I am kind of in new territory I am thinking I may have to start lookin for a new IP perhaps. If anyone has any insight please let me know cause I am grasping at straws here and beginning to get kind of desperate!

Warren96
05-08-2013, 07:43
If you fill in the details about your truck like mine is at the bottom of your post, it will give all the members the particulars on your individual truck and help us tailor our response to your individual truck. Welcome to the diesel page! One more thing, you have already tested a lot of things that can cause your problems. Your getting close to the cause Don't get desperate! My pump is almost 20 years old!

Warren96
05-08-2013, 07:47
If you fill in the details about your truck like mine is at the bottom of my post, it will give all the members the particulars on your individual truck and help us tailor our response to your individual truck. Welcome to the diesel page!

greatwhite
05-08-2013, 14:38
Any stored or active codes in the ECM/PCM?

gccompton1988
05-08-2013, 18:53
Dont know about the ip. but the with the rpms jumping/running away i had the same problem. found out it was my coolant temp sensor was going out and the engine kept trying to pump more fuel to warm it up. and the rpms would jump up every time. the sensor is right on top worth checking first.