PDA

View Full Version : Slow leak on fuel filter......

Warren96
04-26-2013, 09:50
On our way back from florida last month i noticed that this housing is wet on the bottom. Since the truck was running fine, and the leak didn't have much impact on the mileage, i decided to clench my teeth and wait till we got back, where there are a lot more tools, besides we had to be there on time for a memorial service. Now that we are back i can ask you guys for your opinion on any leaks in this area that you may have had, and what you did to fix it.

john8662
04-26-2013, 12:45
It's most likely the o-ring on the bottom of the housing, that's underneath the fuel heater assembly.

This o-ring is a flat cut ring and is available only at the dealer, or maybe a Stanadyne injection pump shop.

Warren96
05-17-2013, 15:56
Thanks for your reply. I ordered a complete new housing because i didn't like the way that the water in fuel sensor looked.And of course the 3 hoses on the housing were also crumbling which leads me to my next question;How do you replace the supply line that is on top of the transmission? I can't see how it is attached.

sctrailrider
05-18-2013, 03:58
The lines are mounted to a small metal bracket that bolts to the top left side of the bellhousing on the drivers side, 2 nuts are removed and the fuel line bracket will come off and the studs will stay bolted to the bellhousing....