PDA

View Full Version : No go

mystrydiesel
02-08-2013, 19:14
I have 1994 6.5 turbo diesel.I have no acceleration ,more pronounced when warm. I usually put in park or neutral and accelerate , then it is ok . Thruck runs fine going down the road .

DennisG01
02-09-2013, 08:30
I have 1994 6.5 turbo diesel.I have no acceleration ,more pronounced when warm. I usually put in park or neutral and accelerate , then it is ok . Thruck runs fine going down the road .

Welcome aboard to The Diesel Page.

Can you clarify your statement above? It's contradictory.

Couple of thoughts...

Is this a new problem... long time problem... is the truck new to you and has it always been this way?

Are you familiar with the turbo system (wastegate)? Are you getting any black smoke (how much)?

Any codes?

mystrydiesel
02-09-2013, 17:33
It acts like you weren't stepping on the accelerator....been told it may be the timing of the injection pump.?

Diesel 4 blood
02-09-2013, 17:49
I would check throttle peddle they are electric my Dodge did the same thing tell it wouldn't do anything except idle

DennisG01
02-09-2013, 18:37
It acts like you weren't stepping on the accelerator....been told it may be the timing of the injection pump.?

You're going to have to give some more information if you want help. Otherwise, an answer like "I think your anchor is dragging behind you" is valid. Can you address the questions asked above? I'm sure there are other questions to ask, possibly ones that I'm not even aware of, but let's get some of the basics out of the way.

racer55
02-10-2013, 10:48
Have you checked for any trouble codes?

mystrydiesel
02-11-2013, 14:41
Yes,the problem is new.i just spent the last two days plowing snow..no problem in low range..still intermittent in high range.i do not have the correct tester to check pump timing or codes.

DmaxMaverick
02-11-2013, 14:53
Yes,the problem is new.i just spent the last two days plowing snow..no problem in low range..still intermittent in high range.i do not have the correct tester to check pump timing or codes.

You do need a scanner to check PCM pump timing on EFI trucks. It's not really helpful unless you have timing related DTC's, or need to fine tune the timing. However, only a paper clip is needed to check codes on OBD I trucks. (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/trblcode.htm)