PDA

View Full Version : 2007.5 LMM Trouble codes, need some input

lmholmes11
02-04-2013, 08:45
Truck is a 2007.5. 78,000 miles
Bone stock, never modded.
My father in law was up north (about 10 degrees F outside) went to put the truck in reverse and it wouldnt go. Had to rev it up to about 1800 rpm and it finally clunked in reverse. He could put it in drive just fine. The engine light has been on since, but it went off as I was pulling it into the shop. I hooked the tech 2 up to it and i came up with the following TCM Codes.
P0894- Trans component slipping
P0761- Shift Solenoid performance 3 valve stuck off
P0756- Shift Solenoid performance 2 valve stuck off
P0751- Shift Solenoid performance 1 valve stuck off
P0882- TCM Power input signal low
When he got home i had him change his fluid and external filter (he couldnt remember when the last time he changed it so its been awhile). Truck shifts fine now. When i went and looked at the snapshot of the trouble codes i saw he only had the truck running for a little over 1 minute before he tried to put it in reverse.
Could be it wasnt warmed up enough, combined with a dirty filter?
Maybe an electrical connection got wet?
Thanks guys

Kennedy
02-04-2013, 10:17
Could be as simple as low fluid level.

lmholmes11
02-06-2013, 18:00
Thanks John, he has flushed tranny, changed filter and no more codes have showed up. Will keep this thread updated as need be.

Kennedy
02-08-2013, 08:05
He probably has the leaking trans cooler lines like most every other 6 speed trans 2006-2010.

I'll have a truly sweet solution for this issue shortly with no compression fittings, no braided hose hacksaw, no aluminum fittings or extra long hoses etc. Just top quality replacement steel lines and quality hose to replace these from end to end permanently.

The OE replacement lines get you 2 yrs at best with many failing the first season. Thankfully they only tend to weep not blow off.

lmholmes11
02-08-2013, 11:18
He does have one leaking. Let me know when you have your lines for sale John. I need some for my truck also.