PDA

View Full Version : Peninsular Diesel Motors

TankBulldog
09-30-2005, 13:16
I am looking at purchasing a motor from Peninsular. I would appreciate any feedback concerning this company.

Thank You
Tankbulldog

Dvldog 8793
09-30-2005, 13:29
Howdy
From what I've heard they make a GREAT product with many years of marine experience backing it up. When I put in my new long block I researched them pretty extensivly.
IMHO- If you want to go "other-than-stock" ie:18:1 compression, BIG turbo, ect... Then they would probably be one of the better choices.

If you want to go Stock then I think I would go with a local dealer and get a AMG GEP long block because of the Warrenty.

If I remember right price is about the same, until you start adding things
Hope this helps,
L8r
Conley Janssen
USMC 87-93

mcp1810
09-30-2005, 14:21
I purchased an engine from them back in the spring had wonderful service. No complaints on the service or the product!

Hansh
09-30-2005, 16:52
Yes, They are great to work with. Have about 3000 miles on mine now. I did alot of upgrades at the time of my engine swap. Did all the work myself. Added the 97 cooling, new radiator, new oil cooler, exhaust, guages, girdle, etc...for the research I did, I thought I was getting the best bang for the buck.

I did not purchase their IP, because I had mine redone 6 months prior, so I am running with a stock IP. I am also using the stock turbo, I think it is a GM-3. The engine runs great and I am averaging 19 mpg.

One of the reasons I went with them was so I could run the 18:1 and get more life out of the engine and add the high performance IP and Turbo upgrades later, but it works for what I use the truck for now.

I also installed teh Peninsular glow controller. You can set the glow time with it. I have a simple write up on the install.