PDA

View Full Version : No start??????

scot5146
12-17-2012, 16:15
Hey everyone I was still in process of figuring out the ABS brake issue when I went to turn on the Suburban today and nothing...

I turned the key and all the power works just nothing, I replaced a battery today thinking that was the problem but still nothing...

Did all the usual, in and out of park, rolled it backward, volt meter on the batteries [both good] wiggled the pmd nothing...

I am missing something and not finding it... Help Please????

Mike

Firefighter
Vancouver, WA

Yukon6.2
12-17-2012, 20:04
Hi Mike
A little info on your truck would be good,yr,ect.
Did you by chance pull any relays under the hood?I belive 96 and up have a starter relay.
Any other wires that you may of disconected?
Good luck
Thomas

a5150nut
12-17-2012, 21:07
Starter switch down on the colum?

rustyk
12-17-2012, 21:48
Could be the neutral switch.

scot5146
12-18-2012, 11:17
OK so its a 1999 K2500 Burb 4x4 6.5 diesel all the good upgrades have been done...

I am leaning towards to issues, the neutral switch and the PMD

I tested an old PMD and it started but I had to jiggle the shiftier on the column...
So hence my thinking there are two issues... I will dig into it on Friday, I am off work and have time.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Mike

DennisG01
12-18-2012, 13:09
When you say "nothing", do you mean it turns over but doesn't start? Or that it doesn't even turn over?

scot5146
12-19-2012, 13:46
Ok so I am not sure what I am doing wrong... This is the third PMD in 2 years; I have tried the Gray Standine and the Black Dtech...

I have a long remote cable and a good heat sink, I put it down in the back of the bumper where it’s nice and cool.

{Maybe it’s getting wet, I am not sure}

I can’t find the right combination to mount this stupid thing; I am almost ready to switch to a manual IP pump...

Should I mount it in the cab? Under the dash maybe?

Please Help, Very Frustrated, I have spent about $800 bucks in PMD's over 2 years, this is getting ridiculous.

Thanks Again

Mike:mad::confused:

Firefighter
Vancouver, WA

DieselDobro
12-22-2012, 14:19
I'd try it on the inner fender. Do you do a lot of idling with little air flow?

scot5146
12-26-2012, 14:38
Yeah I seem to do more around town driving, I am just trying to find a spot that wont get to hot and also stay dry...

Mike

AKMark
12-26-2012, 15:13
So, what exactly is it doing or not doing?

Will it crank?

My 99's ABS issue was actually a bad ignition switch. As was my 4wd inop...

When cold my switch causes more issues. If I slam the switch (I've removed the lower column cover to access it) with my palm. Everything works normally. However when it's -20 or worse, my fan, cruise, 4wd and ABS get stupid, till I give it a smack. Not a cheap part or I'd just replace it, again. Darn Napa

racer55
12-26-2012, 22:32
Make sure that you use heat transfer paste or a heat transfer pad between the PMD and the heatsink.
torque the screws to 25 inch pounds

And be sure that you have a good extension cable,perhaps some dielectric silicone around the weatherpack seal to prevent moisture.
You have the very best location to get long life from a PMD now.
Also be sure that the IP harness ground wire is fastened to the top of the IP and no where else.

scot5146
01-06-2013, 11:47
Make sure that you use heat transfer paste or a heat transfer pad between the PMD and the heatsink.
torque the screws to 25 inch pounds

And be sure that you have a good extension cable,perhaps some dielectric silicone around the weatherpack seal to prevent moisture.
You have the very best location to get long life from a PMD now.
Also be sure that the IP harness ground wire is fastened to the top of the IP and no where else.

I have done all that you suggested and I am still having problems with the starting and it dying intermittently... I have ordered a new PMD and am waiting for it in the mail to install. I am 90% sure thats the problem, but will keep informed once the new one is intalled.

Thanks Again

Mike