PDA

View Full Version : stupid blower motor resister...

spongebob
10-21-2012, 13:05
my 2nd resister blew...and im cranky....it didnt last a month, and it was a ac/delco part.

what would it take for GM to put some decent wiring and connectors in our trucks?? a dollar??

how many GM trucks do you see with one driving light burnt out???
if i were obama i would fire the VP in charge of electrical..

cowboywildbill
10-22-2012, 16:39
Usually the short wire harness / pig tail that plugs inline with it burns up also.

EdHale
10-23-2012, 03:33
I replaced my daytime running lights with LED's. I have replaced one bulb in six years.

tufcj
10-24-2012, 13:54
Replaced mine last month. Aftermarket part from the local Advance Auto. less than $30. We'll see how it holds up.

Bob
tufcj

AKMark
10-24-2012, 16:31
My 99 Burb blew resistors and relays at least twice a winter. (Winters are long here)

Last year, I broke down a bought a new blower motor. Knock on wood, no issues this year. Checked the draw from one to the other, the old was was definitely pulling more amps than it should, and the new right on the money. I'd have to find my notes to see what the draw was, but that was my problem.

More Power
10-25-2012, 10:01
My 99 Burb blew resistors and relays at least twice a winter. (Winters are long here)

Last year, I broke down a bought a new blower motor. Knock on wood, no issues this year. Checked the draw from one to the other, the old was was definitely pulling more amps than it should, and the new right on the money. I'd have to find my notes to see what the draw was, but that was my problem.

Good call on changing the blower motor. Back in my electronics school days, we were hammered into not just replacing a burned out part without answering the question as to why it burned out.

Let us know what current draw you measured. I'm curious... Thx

Jim

AKMark
10-25-2012, 12:01
Might be awhile, I have a shop space that needs cleaned out ASAP, 3 trucks in need of warming/repair (got cold enough to gel the #2 in an International Box truck.....) Yeah, gotta find those notes, I have them somewhere....