PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust ?

Newty
09-07-2012, 10:14
So I got my 6.2 volume 1 & 2 from tdp lots of good articles in there. One thing I seen that was confusing was dr lees exhaust adapters go on the manifolds then a short piece of pipe before going up to 3" . Why not start with 3" right off the adapter. Is there a clearance issue ? also is the na diesel like a gas Engine does it require a little back pressure to operate correctly in its toqure curve ? This should of been in 6.2 tech but it wouldent let me create a new sticky.

Newty
09-18-2012, 07:50
So I got my 6.2 volume 1 & 2 from tdp lots of good articles in there. One thing I seen that was confusing was dr lees exhaust adapters go on the manifolds then a short piece of pipe before going up to 3" . Why not start with 3" right off the adapter. Is there a clearance issue ? also is the na diesel like a gas Engine does it require a little back pressure to operate correctly in its toqure curve ? This should of been in 6.2 tech but it wouldent let me create a new sticky.

DieselDavy
09-18-2012, 09:20
Hi Newty,
It is a clearance issue. I'm sure the 3" could go through but it would have to have some dents pounded into it or some stuff might have to be moved that don't want to move.
I'm hoping someone else will jump in here and say some more about your questions.
dave

Corpse
09-21-2012, 15:49
not to thread jack, but what about mufflers? do you guys know if you need a diesel specific one? whats sizes for n/a, vs n/a modified vs turboed?

arveetek
09-22-2012, 15:45
I had those adapters on my 6.2L that I used to own. 2.5" is plenty big enough, even if you used that size all the way out the back. Plus, it's really tight, especially on the driver's side by the oil filter.

Dual 2.5" pipes flow more air than a single 3" found on lots of turbocharged trucks.

Try to find the most free-flowing muffler you can find.

Casey