PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Classic - Runs for a few seconds with key off

GMC D-Max
08-17-2012, 13:55
(The search function is non-functioning at the moment, sorry if this has already been addressed)

My 2007 Classic Sierra (with less than 42k miles on it) has begun exhibiting some odd behavior in the last 24hrs: I turn the key off and remove it, and the engine continues to run for a few seconds before shutting down. Also, a "service 4 wheel drive" message appears, at the same time. I haven't used 4WD but a couple times (last time was about 2 months ago, to pull a stuck commercial mower out of a mud hole... nothing major), we've had no rain recently (haven't run through any water), and I haven't been tinkering with the truck at all.

Any ideas?

GM Customer Service
08-21-2012, 11:46
(The search function is non-functioning at the moment, sorry if this has already been addressed)

My 2007 Classic Sierra (with less than 42k miles on it) has begun exhibiting some odd behavior in the last 24hrs: I turn the key off and remove it, and the engine continues to run for a few seconds before shutting down. Also, a "service 4 wheel drive" message appears, at the same time. I haven't used 4WD but a couple times (last time was about 2 months ago, to pull a stuck commercial mower out of a mud hole... nothing major), we've had no rain recently (haven't run through any water), and I haven't been tinkering with the truck at all.

Any ideas?

Have you taken the vehicle in to a dealership to have diagnosed? Please feel free to contact me for any questions, comments or concerns you may have.

Thank you,

Tina
GM Customer Service